The decline of western civilization
As I sit here in my office listening to the guy down the hall who insists on ALWAYS talking on speakerphone it reminded me of some of my pet peeves. There are just some things that I have experienced and continue to experience that just really irritate me and I figured I would just list them here and wait for any reactions or opinions.
- people who press the elevator button even after they have already seen you press it. It isn’t going to come any faster just because you press it too, and people always do this.
- people who speak using incorrect English
- people who use the terms or phrases “as per” or “I hate to say this but” (well if you hate to say it, don’t say it.) “I seen, I done, and get ‘er done” (big ones here in the south)
- Larry the Cable Guy in general in addition to Bill O’Reilly, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Kid Rock, and Janeane Garafalo, to name a few.
- Hollywood nicknames such as Brangelina and Speidi. Ahhhhhh!
- and Hollywood in general
- people who talk during movies
- American politics in general
- the new fad of crappy rock n roll encompassing such “bands” as Shinedown, Chevelle, Papa Roach, and any other crappy testosterock acts
- close-minded individuals unable to hear or open themselves up to alternative opinions
- Texas window tint laws
- the IRS, and many other government wastes of money
- Income tax and other government thefts
- people who use their cell phone at the dinner table
- bluetooth wireless devices which make people look like cellborgs
- guys who only tuck in the front of their shirts
- couples who sit on the same side of the booth at restaurants
- people who don’t say thanks or even acknowledge someone when that person opens the door for them or holds the door for them, etc.
- people who insist on talking over others
- those little ribbons on the back of cars that stand for everything imaginable
- the public’s obsession with famous people and their everyday lives
- reality television. Since when does anyone care what Denise Richards, Kathy Griffin, and Tori Speeling does on a daily basis?
- American Idol
- The fascination with dance themed reality television
- the fast and furious trilogy
- and of course, Obama and his ideas of big government and other ways to ruin our country
…just to name a few. I promise I am not a bitter person, but some things just really get to me. Overall I really am a happy and optimistic person, but I started thinking about some things and other things just popped in my head. Anyway, I guess I am finished ranting for the day. Please feel free to add to the list.
current music: The Black Keys – Thickfreakness